Monday 23 November 2009

tea and crumpets

On my way to the library to hand back the two last books in the Roman series by Simon Scarrow; I couldn't help but laugh as I turned off Fulham Road. Through the large windows of the building I could see two middle aged men gazing at paintings of nude women which covered all four of the room's walls. Both men were carrying half full glases of dark red wine, casting superior glances around the room; one appeared to be the artist, the other a potential customer. The whole scene was so absurd though, as if from another planet, allthough I guess Chelsea is, in a sense, just that.

To all you Americans out there: Today I had tea for breakfast, and crumpets for tea - soon I'll be the living personification of your British stereotype...

3 comments:

  1. Right now it's not so cool that you live in Chelsea... only because that is my name, and my name in this particular blog, in this particular sentence makes me sound very... yeah... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. so how often do you eat chutney...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. chutney??? don't think I've ever made it myself, but I've eaten it at outher peoples places.... why?

    ReplyDelete