Wednesday 6 January 2010

memories last a lifetime


Despite my Christmas Diaries attempt this year, I have failed to mention something I've done almost every day this Christmas. My present to my dad this year was Ticket to Ride, the award winning board game, Deutsche Spiel des Jahres 2004 und so weiter.... To make a long story short we've played it at least once, twice or three times most nights ever since. I must confess that at the game disappointed me at first. I'd played it a couple of years earlier in Norway - at least that was what I thought. The game I'd bought my dad turned out to be an American version, not the European one I'd played before. Now, that may not seem like a big deal to you; but that's forgetting that Europe is far more interesting than America in every concievable way... A couple of nights ago I figured out the way in which the creators have weighted the various missions. As it turns out two missions come with an extra bonus. With this in mind I'd like to announce my first blogotition (blog-competition): Which two missions in the US version of Ticket to Ride come with an extra bonus, and how big is it? A blog post will be dedicated to the person, first answering correctly.

I just booked a flight with Ryanair. You may be wondering what got into me - well I must confess I gave in to their low prices. As long as one can travel without checking in any bags Ryanair tends to have far superior prices, and considering my strict student budget - well you can figure out the rest. Despite all this I am left in a great mood. I'll be flying to Billund, Denmark, to attend the Nordic Volleyball Championships at Vejlefjordskolen, just outside of Vejle. My best volleyball memories ever are from playing in this competition, winning one silver, and three consecutive gold medals. Although not eligible to play, just thinking about the competition leaves me smiling to myself as I write. Oh, those good times!! Some memories last forever...


6 comments:

  1. You're on! I accept the challenge. I played that game this Christmas, I love that game! And while I am offended at the whack you took at America, I will proudly say that it's probably more interesting than Canada... well, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thought, never mind. I don't have time to figure that out, especially since I don't even own the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what you're saying is that your whole continent is more interesting than my one country. i get it. you're afraid to stack you're country to mine. it's ok. i would be to if i were you. and i bet i can totally figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and who's that girl next to you in the bottom pic? i swear i've seen her...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow rachel, that's special... and I doubt you've seen her before, she was in my class at Tyrifjord, Karoline Myklebust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who took those great pictures? Must have been a great photographer. Handsome too i bet.

    ReplyDelete