Monday 21 September 2009

Another chance

Sometimes I do really stupid things, like staying up all night before work, or releasing my frustration on people who only are trying to help. Yesterday was one of those days where I made decisions, only to regret them moments later. Having someone save our skin when we mess up is fantastic. People who really care and are willing to go the extra mile, even to save us from our own mistakes, are far between. God is often portrayed as being such a carachter, yet is He really someone we can trust? I mean, does He really make a difference, or does He just sit there somewhere watching us now and then from afar; if He exists at all that is.

Although I have a hard time believing that everything around me is here by chance, believing in God can seem as naïve as believing in Santa Claus. So I am torn, yet I need to decide, I cannot go through life without having made up my mind about the most fundamental question there is. I'd like to believe in God, I just don't feel I've experienced anything that cannot somehow be explained by other means. Today I decided to give God another chance. Believe it or not, I got what I asked for, I escaped the consequences of my erroneous decisions. On the other hand, it might just be a coinsidence. I did however tell God though, that if He came through I'd give Him another chance. So now I am. Although I may not be entirely certain what that may entail, I guess writing about it is my first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment