Friday 25 September 2009

it's really happening....

Today I wrote instructions for my successor, cleared my desk and said my goodbyes - I am officially finished teaching!! For now. Finishing teaching is the beginning of moving on. Leaving the safe and sound to challenge the world. Two days from now I'll be sitting on a plane bound for Munich. Somehow or other I'll have to get from the airport to some place out in the middle of who knows where, in Austria. Finally my basic German skills will be put to the test. From there I fly to London, where I'll be moving in to my new room, with my new room mate, at my new university; it's really happening.

Although teaching has been OK, and despite the fact that I feel I've actually made a contribution to the lives of people I care about, being finished is a relief. Now I can just lie back and enjoy my last few days in Norway. Change is good. Change is exciting. Change is happening right here, right now. Adventure is important. If you don't have much excitement in your life I challenge you; I challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and live once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment