Monday 5 October 2009

catching up

Wow, it is far too long since I last wrote! So much has happened, I don't know where to start. Most importantly my trip to Austria was a great success, other than the fact that I picked up some bug and had to tour Salzburg with a fever. I've also moved in to my new room in London. London is both amazing and intimidating, as is my new university.

Before I forget, or decide not to write this after all, I must confess that despite my ridiculously high self-esteem, I am an idiot. If I ever try to tell you that I am really intelligent, or if I go rambling on about how great I am at pretty much everything, then remind me of this. Today I got lost, I mean really lost. Having bragged about my sense of direction yesterday, my ego got a well deserved slap as I blindly walked in circles trying to find my way back to my hall. To make matters worse I couldn't ask anyone for help either, obviously, that would simply be too embarrassing. The two times I did get my act together and ask for help I was told that I was heading in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go, and red-faced forced to turn around and try again. In order for both you and I to understand which way I should go next time I am posting a street map of the area ;p





















My hall is at location A, you can see Imperial College at the top of the map. How hard can it be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment